Private Classes - AB 1825 Sexual Harassment Prevention Training for Supervisors
- California AB 1825 Law requires companies with 50 or more employees, including F/T and P/T employees and contractors to provide a Sexual Harassment Prevention Training to all supervisory employees.
- Supervisors must be retrained every 2 years.
- Our trainers are certified HR consultants with years of experience and in-depth workplace harassment prevention knowledge.
- Our updated curriculum covers abusive conduct (anti-bullying), as required by AB 2053 amendment (effective January 1st, 2015).
- Our relational approach encourages a dialogue between the student and subject-matter expert. We covers not only the base requirements in the State of California, but relevant legal case studies and current best practices.
About Our Classes
- Up to date and fully compliant with AB 2053 January 1st, 2015 amendment
- Fully compliant with California AB 1825 requirements
- 2-hour class with a subject-matter expert
- Class taught at the location of your choice
About the California AB 1825 Law
- California State Law AB 1825 went into effect on August 17, 2007.
- According to the California AB 1825 Law, companies with 50 or more employees, including F/T & P/T employees and contractors, must train all supervisory employees in how to prevent sexual harassment training, discrimination, and retaliation in the workplace.
- Supervisor employees must complete this training every 2 years.
- In addition to sexual harassment prevention, the law was recently amended to require training on how to prevent abusive behavior (bullying) in the workplace.
- According to the law, the training should be a minimum of 2 hours in duration.
- Online training is a convenient and fully compliant training option throughout the State of California.
Who is required to take the AB 1825 Sexual Harassment Prevention Training?
All supervisory employees working in the State of California for any company with 50 or more employees, including F/T and P/T employees.
Who is considered a supervisor?
Anyone in the company who has authority (significant influence) over others meets the criteria as a supervisor per AB 1825 guidelines. It generally includes anyone having the means to: hire, transfer, suspend, lay-off, fire, promote, assign, reward, or discipline other employees.
These nine areas, not your business title, determine whether you are a supervisor according to California law.
When is the deadline for new hires to achieve compliance with the Sexual Harassment Prevention Training?
Employees that become promoted to a supervisor lever or higher must complete training within 6 months of assuming that supervisory role.
How long is the training valid for?
Supervisors need to be re-trained every 2 years beyond their initial training, to be informed and stay current with updated guidelines in this field.
What are the training requirements stipulated by the California AB 1825 Law?
Training must be a minimum of 2 hours and delivered via classroom or other effective interactive training method, such as an instructor-led class or online training course.
How are private classes conducted?
Our instructor will come to your location and meet with your employees for a 2-hour training session. All our instructors are subject-matter experts and exceptional communicators. They use a relational teaching approach to engage learners through dialogue and active participation.
Since our company is based in California, our instructors offer the advantage of being familiar with legal case studies and examples of best HR practices specific to the State of California.
How do I book a private class?
Just get in touch with us by calling 888-275-7150 or request a quote by fill out the form. Describe your company's training needs and we will get in touch with you to schedule a private class at a date and location of your choice.
Can the training curriculum be customized?
Yes. If your company has additional training requirements, we will happily tailor our curriculum to meet your organization's needs*. Having trained and consulted over 500 organizations in California, our team of experts has extensive experience in HR and Organizational Development topics across multiple industries.
*Depending on the level of customization, there may be an additional fee for this.
Are there any other advantages to a private class?
In addition to delivering a training experience tailored to your company's needs and organizational culture, private classes leverage the social learning aspect by engaging employees in an active discussion led by a subject-matter expert. Private classes are ideal for medium to large organizations with 20 or more supervisors.Hide